girls

girls

Saturday, November 3, 2012

On the Topic of Birthday Gifts

This week we have two birthday parties! Today I asked Ellie what we should get her friend, Molly, for her birthday it went something like this...

Mom: "Ellie, what should we get Molly for her birthday?"
Ellie: "Ummm.... princess keys!"
Mom: "What are the princess keys for though?"
Ellie: "A princess door!" (said very matter-of-factly)

(mom thinking... "oh, of course! Why didn't I think of that" ;)

Then I asked her what we should get her other friend (who is a boy) for his birthday. Now a little side note is that Ellie is a VERY girly-girl, so thinking in terms of what boys would like just isn't up her alley. So, she tried very hard to avoid (and answer) the question all at the same time and did so very wisely I think ;) The conversation went something like this...

Mom: "Ok, so what should we get Parker for his birthday?"
Ellie: "A gift!"
Mom: "Yes, but what kind of gift?"
Ellie: "Ummm.... a birthday gift!"
Mom: "But what kind of birthday gift?
Ellie: "A birthday boy gift!"
Mom: "But what kind of birthday boy gift?"
Ellie: "A kids toy!"
Mom: "oh... ok" :)

(Ellie thinking... "phew! Question averted")

No comments:

Post a Comment