HALLOWEEN DAY!
If you can imagine, Ellie was just a teensy bit excited for Halloween this year! All week, we've been talking about the big day, carving pumpkins, buying candy, trying on costumes, etc. The day before Halloween, Ellie kept asking me (without even a breath in between), "Momma, is it Halloween yet? (no) Momma, is it Halloween yet? (no) Momma, is it Halloween YET? (no sweetie, not until tomorrow)" So when the day finally arrived, we made sure to do something a little extra special at their breakfast table... a "boo" pillow (I have to toot my own horn a little, because am just learning how to sew and I am kind of proud of this pillow!), a new plate, a twisty straw cup and of course a little package of M&M's (hey, you are only a kid once... why not have M&M's before breakfast?!!!)
Then, it was off to school for Ellie, where she got to dress up in her costume and march in the Halloween parade (which included lots of chaos, a little bit of tears, and a whole lot of SERIOUS CUTENESS!!)
Ellie was Rapunzel from Tangled (wig and all), and Olivia was the cutest little witch you have ever seen (cheeks and all)! Halloween evening, we went over to my friend Jenny's house (her daughter, Molly, is Ellie's absolute favorite little friend!!) and partook in some good ol' fashion trick-or-treating.
The group of kiddos included Ellie, Molly, some neighborhood kids and their other little friend (also Ellie) from school. Watching these girls go from house to house was a riot, and I am pretty sure that they ALL thought this was pretty much the BEST-DAY-EVER!! I mean what could be better than people giving away handfuls of candy at each door?? Olivia, as you can see, was a real party animal! But who can blame her... casting cuteness spells all day is exhausting work!
 |
| Molly and Ellie - they just love each other, it is so fun! |
 |
| Ellie D. & Ellie I. |
 |
| Don't you love the girl's expression in this picture?! |
 |
| Trick or Treated out! |
 |
| After each house, Ellie would come running back, grinning from ear to ear, screaming "Momma, I got candy!!!!" |
 |
If you could hear the parents when this picture was taken, it sounded something like this...
"Girls, look up here at the camera (parents waiving their hands above their heads), Ellie don't pick you nose, Molly stop eating the candy wrapper! Oh, forget it" ;) |
 |
| Cutest witch EVER! |
LOVE your pix! And LOVE the pillow you made! You are so talented! I have an old sewing machine too. We should get them out together sometime!! I totally forgot how to sew!! :)
ReplyDelete