girls

girls

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Ellie's Ariel Birthday Party (the big 4!)

This year, we celebrated Ellie's kids' birthday party a couple of weeks early. Denno baby #3 is due just three days before Ellie's actual birthday and we simply didn't want to risk it getting "over shadowed" if you will :) Ellie decided that she wanted to have an "Ariel" birthday party this year and despite my best effort, she really wanted to have it at home! But, honestly, I secretly LOVE putting together these little birthday parties with all of the festive details, so I didn't mind.

The birthday party was just perfect and Ellie had a great time! We kept it small with just 7 girls total (including her and Olivia). Each princess came dressed in their favorite costume and shortly after everyone arrived, there was a surprise visit from... Ariel!!!

Ariel led the party by playing a few fun games with the girls, reading them a story, having a mini dance party and then giving the girls each mini make-overs! After Ariel left, the girls enjoyed a little snack, some cupcakes and then opened gifts. Thanks to all who helped to make Ellie's day special, we love you all!!




Ellie and I had fun putting together these party favors for her friends. Ellie even helped to make the mermaid and starfish cookies!

Right before I took this picture, Ellie sat down and told me that this is how mermaids pose :)

"Ocean Spray" Ariel drinks aka sprite and strawberry lemonade

Not sure what this is, but I am guessing it is "mermaid sassyness" :)

The "spread"

Normally, I do a crazy cake of some sort, but after doing the cookies and putting together the details of this party, I was pretty excited when Ellie mentioned that she simply wanted these cupcake toppers!!









Ellie's best friends, Molly and Corinne!


Ariel's arriving!!



Bubble popping game... this game is always a favorite!

Even Olivia enjoyed getting in on the action :)

Olivia really enjoys "hamming it up" for a crowd! When all the girls quietly gathered around Ariel, Olivia decided to let out a big (and fake)... ha...ha... ha schooo!!!! She always keeps us laughing!!

Let the dance party begin!



Ellie strikin' a pose!


Ellie insisted that momma wear a crown as well!

After the story, Ellie got to open the secret treasure chest and pick out some fun treats, which included some fun rings, candies and of course candy bracelets, which you will notice were a big hit in the pictures that follow!


Ariel gave Ellie her very own birthday crown, wand and makeup palette (of which Olivia ate the lipstick from hours later) :)


Mini makeovers!



Our attempt to get a group picture... notice everyone eating their candy bracelets, instead of looking at the camera!



Ellie always makes here wishes out loud. I love hearing them so much, that I never tell her that you are "supposed" to wish silently in your thoughts :) This year Ellie said, "I wish that my sister will love me forever, and ever and ever!" I just love this sweet girl!! Wish granted!!


Now time to dig in!



At the end of the party, the girls decided to hold an impromptu "Frozen" dance party to "Let It Go," which they are all OBSESSED with right now :) Enjoy...



Belting out "Let it Go!!!! Let it Go!!!"



And finally, after the party, Ellie and Olivia went for a "swim" in the party decor. Ellie had been asking to do this for 2 weeks, as these sat in my office :)






No comments:

Post a Comment