Yesterday's "nap time" started as any other usually does. Ellie yawns, I tell her she looks exhausted and that she is to take a short nap, to which she says "ok momma". I then am interrupted about 30 minutes later to a very "fancy" Ellie, standing in my office, decked out from head to toe in skirts WITH dresses, pink feathered high heels, a fluffy boa and an arm full of bracelets. "What do you think of my outfit?" she asks, while striking a pose. "It is very lovely honey, you look beautiful, but it is time for resting and it does not look like you are resting to me. Come on, back upstairs."
Next, I usually take her back upstairs and accept the fact that sleep is not going to happen, so I let her read quietly in bed... not to get up, except for going to the bathroom. Usually this works. Yesterday, however, she came down again and with the biggest, proudest smile you've ever seen and said, "Momma! Come see my artwork!!" (me = scared) "ok Ellie, what did you do? Let's go see your artwork".
And without further ado... I give you Ellie's pink and glitter, NAIL POLISH "artwork"!
| She said that she wanted her room to be pink and glittery, because it is so beautiful. |
LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!!! :) I DO love her work too, don't you!?!? :)
ReplyDelete