girls

girls

Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall is here!

Hands down, our family's favorite season is fall! There is just something so cozy and warm about it, that makes you crave down-home comfort food, sweatshirts, football (well, let's be honest... I don't crave football, but most around our household do!), pumpkins and of course APPLES! So yesterday we spent our Sunday morning at the beautiful Alldredge Orchard in Platte County, picking apples and taking in the sites and smells of fall.

Ellie, of course, had a blast, but then again what wasn't to love! She got to play with the chickens, snuggle with the barn kittens, take a hay ride and of course pick some delicious apples (of which she took a bite of each one in her bucket).

Olivia enjoyed taking in all of the new sites, sounds smells and of course just hanging with her big sister, mom and dad.

Adam and I, both, have the fondest memories of apple picking as young children and I only hope that we have created some similar memories and traditions for our girls!











No comments:

Post a Comment